Skyscrapers are the most visible signs of a nation’s progress, and many cities are easily identified by their skyline. Architecture is continuously designing a unique structure that will break records as the tallest and Famous Skyscrapers in the World.
There are some impressive super-skyscrapers across the globe, from various countries such as the United States to Asia and China. We know that China has tallest and famous Skyscrapers in the world. But the united state also has numerous famous skyscrapers with unique and attractive construction as well as its design. The skyscraper was running and it is still getting stronger because its high buildings are being designed and manufactured day by day.
Also Read: Famous Castles in the World
Famous Skyscrapers in the World
- Empire State Building, New York, Unites State
- Burj Khalifa, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Petronas Tower, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Taipei 101, Taipei, Taiwan
- Shanghai Tower, Shanghai, China
Empire State Building
Spectacular Skyscraper which is New York and it is the famous Skyscrapers all over the world. It is a New York City Landmarks and added to both the U.S. National Register of Historic Places and the U.S. National Historic Landmarks. This building was designed by the American architecture William F. Lamb. And its rising heights is about 443.2 m(1,454 ft). The Empire State Building became very popular because it was the tallest building and Famous Skyscrapers in the world to be completed in 1931. Empire State Building is One of the main icons of New York City, this architecture is called one of the seven wonders of the Modern World. It was the world’s tallest building and Famous Skyscrapers since 1931-1970. It’s one of the few skyscrapers that offer wedding ceremony at its observatory.
Read More: Mysterious Places in the World
Empire State Building Facts
- Build Time: This Building take only one year to build
- Built: 1931
- Address: W 34th St, New York, NY 10001, USA
- Height: 443.2 m, 380 m
- The cost to build: $41 million
- Use: Office
- Hours: Observatory open daily, 8 a.m-2 a.m.
- Tickets: Tickets from $27/adult, $21/child (6-12)
- Floor: 102
- Visit: You can visit the Empire State building every day of the week including holidays
- It has 6500 windows and 73 elevators.
- The building is so big it even has its very own zip code or you can say postal code. Empire State Building has appeared in many films over many years.
- If any coin is dropped above the Empire State Building, it will travel at approximately 65 miles per hour as it hits the ground. There is not enough fast to kill someone or harm the people.
Tallest Building in the United States
|One World Trade Center||New York City||U.S||541.3 m||104||2014|
|Sears Tower-Chicago||Chicago||U.S||442.1 m||108||1974|
|432 Park Avenue||New York City||U.S||425.5 m||88||2015|
|Trump International Hotel and Tower||Chicago||U.S||423.2 m||98||2009|
|Bank of America Tower||New York City||U.S||365.8 m||55||2009|
|Aon Center||Chicago||U.S||346.3 m||83||1973|
|875 North Michigan Avenue||Chicago||U.S||343.7 m||100||1969|
|Comcast Technology Center||Philadelphia||U.S||341.7 m||59||2018|
|New York Times Tower||New York City||U.S||318.8 m||52||2007|
|Chrysler Building||New York City||U.S||318.9 m||77||1930|
|Salesforce Tower||San Francisco||U.S||318.9 m||61||2018|
|3 World Trade Center||New York City||U.S||328.9 m||69||2018|
|Wilshire Grand Center||Los Angeles||U.S||335.3 m||73||2017|
Suggested Read: Best Islands in the World
This building is one of the tallest building and Famous Skyscrapers in the world which is situated in Dubai, UAE. The Burj Khalifa it touches the clouds and is also the world’s highest restaurant, nightclub, and observation deck. It was built in 2010 and today’s tallest man-made structure over the world and also a famous Skyscraper. It is the heart of downtown Dubai it has 163 floors. Building development with a large-scale, mixed-use, including 30 acres man-made lake, 30,000 residence, nine hotels in seven acres of parkland, 19 residential towers, and a shopping mall. There are various Hotel and malls also and they offer luxurious suites with amazing views.
Burj Khalifa Facts
- Build Time: Five years to build
- Built: 2009
- Address: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Height: 828 m
- The cost to build: $1.5 billion
- Use: Office, residential, hotel, Observation
- Hours: Observatory open daily from 10 a.m.-1 a.m.
- Tickets: Observatory deck cost AED125 ($34) and for immediate entry cost AED400
- Floor: 163
- Visit: You can visit the Empire State building every day of the week
- It has 6500 windows and 73 elevators.
Must Read: Holi in India
Tallest Building in the United Arab Emirates
|Marina 101||Dubai||UAE||425 m||101||2015|
|Princess Tower||Dubai||UAE||414 m||101||2012|
|23 Marina||Dubai||UAE||392.4 m||89||2012|
|Burj Mohammed bin Rashid||Abu Dhabi||UAE||381 m||88||2014|
|Elite Residence||Dubai||UAE||381 m||87||2012|
|The Address the BLVD||Dubai||UAE||370 m||72||2017|
|Almas Towe||Dubai||UAE||363 m||68||2009|
|Gevora Hotel||Dubai||UAE||356.3 m||75||2017|
|JW Marriott Marquis Tower 1||Dubai||UAE||355 m||82||2012|
|JW Marriott Marquis Tower 2||Dubai||UAE||355 m||82||2012|
|Emirates Office Tower||Dubai||UAE||355 m||54||2000|
|The Marina Torch||Dubai||UAE||352 m||86||2011|
Know About: Biggest Festivals in the World
The Petronas Towers is the Petronas Twin Towers or it also is known as twin skyscrapers. It was the tallest building and Famous Skyscrapers in the world from 1998 to 2004 and it remains the tallest twin building in the world. The buildings have a sky bridge between the towers on the 41st and 42nd floors. And they are the landmarks of Kuala Lumpur in Malaysia, the tower design highlight the Malaysian culture inspiration through traditional fabrics and all. It also a tallest sky bridge in the world and is open in public. Tickets are limited to less than 1,000 people a day. ad tickets are sold on a first-come-first-served basis. There is various movie shooting in this building.
Petronas Tower Facts
- Build Time: It takes Three years to build
- Built: 1996
- Address: Concourse Level, Lower Ground, Kuala Lumpur City Centre, Lumpur, Malaysia
- Height: 452 meters
- The cost to build: $1.6 billion
- Use: Office, Observation, Retail
- Hours: Observatory open from 9.00 am – 9.00 pm
- Tickets: € 25.08 per person
- Floor: 88 floors
- Visit: Tuesdays to Sundays Closed every Monday
Tallest Building in Malaysia
|Petronas Tower 1||Kuala Lumpur||MY||451.9 m||88||1998|
|Petronas Twin Tower 2||Kuala Lumpur||MY||451.9 m||88||1998|
|Exchange 106||Kuala Lumpur||MY||451.9 m||97||2018|
|Four Seasons Place||Kuala Lumpur||MY||342.5 m||65||2018|
Taiwan doesn’t have many tallest buildings and Famous Skyscrapers but Taipei 101 make history and it is the 9 tallest building and Famous Skyscrapers in the world. It also claims to be the fastest passenger elevator in the world can be. This is designed to withstand winds and earthquakes. This building has been awarded as the world’s tallest and largest green building by the Environmental Design and Leadership in Energy. New Year’s Eve is a perfect time to visit this international milestone because the structure of the fireworks displays the structure. In 2004 it won the Emporis Skyscraper Award also.
Taipei 101 Facts
- Build Time: It takes Five years to build
- Built: 2004
- Address: Xinyi Special District, Xinyi District; Taipei
- Height: 508 meters
- The cost to build: $1.8 billion
- Use: Office, Observation, Retail, Communication, Library
- Hours: Observatory open 9 a.m.-10 p.m. daily
- Tickets: Observatory NT$500 ($16.50) per person, children under 12 pay NT$450
- Floor: 101 floors
- Visit: You can visit the building every day of the week.
Tallest Building in Taiwan
|Taipei 101||Taipei||TW||508 m||101||2004|
|85 Sky Tower||Kaohsiung||TW||347.5 m||85||1997|
This tower is located in China, and China has most of the tallest and famous skyscrapers in the world. The tower has 5 floors below ground level and 128 floors above ground. The tower is officially opened on June 2015. It has very unique design feature views from both inside and out, the tower is one of three huge skyscrapers in the Lujiazui Financial District of Shanghai. It has the world’s 2nd fastest elevators speed of 20.5m per second. Is this one of the best places or activities to watch the sunrise from the top of the tower.
Shanghai Tower Facts
- Build Time: Eight years to complete
- Built: 2014
- Address: 501 Yincheng Middle Rd, Lujiazui, Lujiazui Residential
- Height: 632 meter
- The cost to build: $1.2 billion
- Use: Office, Observation, Hotel, Book store, Museum
- Hours: Observatory open 8:30 am to 10:00 pm last entry 8:30 pm
- Tickets: 160rmb per person
- Floor: 128 floors
- Visit: You can visit the tower every day of the week.
Tallest Building in China
|Ping An Finance Centre||Shenzhen||CH||599 m||115||2017|
|Guangzhou CTF Finance Centre||Guangzhou||CH||530 m||111||2016|
|Tianjin CTF Finance Centre||Tianjin||CH||530 m||98||2018|
|China Zun||Beijing||CH||528 m||108||2018|
|Shanghai World Financial Center||Shanghai||CH||492 m||101||2008|
|International Commerce Centre||Hong Kong||CH||484 m||118||2010|
|Changsha IFS Tower T1||Changsha||CH||452.1m||88||2017|
|Zifeng Tower||Nanjing||CH||450 m||89||2010|
|Suzhou IFS||Suzhou||CH||450 m||92||2017|
|Guangzhou International Finance||Guangzhou||CH||440 m||103||2010|
|Wuhan Center||Wuhan||CH||438 m||88||2016|
|Jin Mao Tower||Shanghai||CH||421 m||88||1999|
|Two International Finance Centre||Hong Kong||CH||412 m||88||2003|
|Guangxi China Resources Tower||Nanning||CH||402.7m||85||2018|
|China Resources Headquarters||Shenzhen||CH||392.5m||67||2017|
|Shum Yip Upper hill Tower 1||Shenzhen||CH||388.1m||80||2017|
|Shun Hing Square||Shenzhen||CH||384 m||69||1996|
|Eton Place Dalian Tower 1||Dalian||CH||383 m||81||2015|
|Logan Century Center 1||Nanning||CH||381.3m||82||2017|
|Central Plaza||Hong Kong||CH||373.9m||78||1992|
|Dalian International Trade Center||Dalian||CH||370.2m||86||2018|
You Can Also, Read About World Top Destination | Best cities in the world
In this article, we look at some of the Tallest and famous Skyscrapers in the World. Buildings are sorted by standard elevation, architectural height, with other elevations such as ceiling height or total height for reference. We’ve put together some Famous skyscrapers, interesting facts and little-known information about some of our favorite tall and famous skyscrapers in the world. All the Famous Skyscrapers is very unique in design and unique in structure and its construction.
If you like this Article let us know your view in the comment below and doesn’t forget to share, we’d love to hear your suggestion on which Famous Skyscrapers you liked the most. And also if you have any suggestions regarding this blog please comment below. If we miss out any Famous Skyscrapers please let us know.